Carleton Heights Public School Renovations
Location: 1660 Prince of Wales Drive, Ottawa, ON
Commenced: October 24, 2013
Completion: September 1, 2014
Carleton Heights has been serviced by this school since the early 1950’s. Being in a growing community the school has had numerous additions.
This project consists of:
- relocation of main office along with principal’s and vice-principal’s office into a more suitable space;
- conversion of the existing offices into Special Educations rooms;
- addition of new boys and girls washrooms on the second floor, Intermediate wing, improving accessibility of the school including elevator installation, replacement of large portions of the exterior fenestrations including window replacement, stairwell glazing, and entrance doors;
- addition of insulation along the roof wall connection;
- mechanical and electrical upgrades including updating power distribution and replacement of unit ventilations in the two story addition to accommodate the renovations;
- asbestos abatement in ceilings;
- installation of new ceiling and lighting in halls and classrooms;
- repairing terrazzo cracks and vitrifying of existing terrazzo flooring; and
- repainting entire interior of the school.