École catholique Alain-Fortin
Location: 676 Lakeridge Drive, Ottawa, ON
Completed: August 2010
Area: 55,500 sq.ft.
This project is situated in one of Ottawa’s growing residential communities in the east end. The site is bordered by park and farmland including a large residential and shopping area.
This large site was totally redeveloped for the new 2-storey elementary school. Included were parking, playgrounds, daycare areas, and playing fields.
- The school is a steel frame with infill steel stud and drywall exterior walls, covered in a brick veneer.
- The gymnasium is concrete block construction.
- Foundations are concrete, and the shear walls are constructed of both masonry and steel.
- The roof is a flat steel structure with a modified bituminous roofing system.
- We designed the mechanical and electrical systems to achieve energy efficiencies and environmental considerations were built into the design of the school.