Place Cartier Suites Hotel
Completed: March 1998
Owner/Architect: Hans Stutz
Project: A 9-storey addition to an existing hotel. The project posed various interesting construction problems:
- The small, tight site, located downtown, was squeezed between two high-rise buildings.
- The deep foundation posed access difficulties.
- Portions of the addition were constructed over an existing parking garage.
- The addition tied into the existing building at all ten levels.
- Construction was carried out while the existing facility was occupied.
The project was completed two months ahead of schedule and within budget.