Prince of Wales Manor
Location: 22 Barnstone Drive, Ottawa, ON
Completed: November 15, 2006
Area: 90,000 sq.ft.
A new five storey retirement residence complete with site work, with provisions for an additional similar sized building on the same site was constructed, adjacent to the Strandherd bridge.
- Prince of Wales Manor has 139 units of studios or suites with either a fireplace or kitchenette.
- The building has four above grade levels and one below and is serviced by two elevators.
- All units have a two-way emergency call voice system, smoke and heat detectors, sprinkler system, cablevision, television service, security camera system, and individual controls for heat and air conditioning
- The structure is prefabricated, light gauge steel framing panels (both walls and floors) with masonry exterior and a sloped roof.
- Complete new mechanical, electrical systems and commercial kitchen.
- Involved demolition of existing foundations and steel work.
- Retirement residence amenities include a billiard room, bistro and café, chapel, doctor’s office, fully equipped exercise room, bar, games and card room, beauty salon, library, lounges with fireplace, movie theatre, full-serviced central dining room and recreational area.