Riverview Heights Retirement Residence
Location: 400 Bell Street, Pembroke, ON
Completed: July 4, 2008
Area: 70,000 sq.ft.
A beautiful parkland setting overlooking the Muskrat River Basin in Pembroke, Ontario, is the site of this multi-unit, retirement residence project.
This privately owned 6-storey building was a former County seniors residence (Miramichi Lodge), which was renovated into an elegant retirement residence.
- Fiberglass windows were enlarged and lowered, lighting up the carefully designed suites each of which has its own washroom and kitchenette.
- A number of suites have separate bedrooms and others can be joined together with doorways.
- A beautifully situated dining room overlooks the landscaped rear yard and pavilion and is serviced by a new fully equipped kitchen.
- A stunning lobby and entrance leads the way onto the various activity rooms.
- The exterior masonry cladding has been accented with vertically glazed curtain-wall elements and substantial cut stone was chosen for the ground floor cladding, as well as window surrounds.
- Both the mechanical and electrical systems are completely new; a new fire protection system was installed.