Southview Public School
Location: 18 Golf Course Lane, Napanee, ON
Area: 68,000 sq.ft.
This project was to construct a new, 68,000 square foot, two-storey elementary school complete with site development for the Limestone District School Board. This new school consolidates H. Langford Public School and Westdale Park Public School and provides programming for Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8 students.
- The two-storey building features 27 classrooms including four kindergarten classrooms, one art/music room, one science room, a special education room, a 4,200 square foot gymnasium, a stage and a library.
- An attractive roof deck over the library and lobby is exposed for decking.
- The structure included load bearing masonry with hollow-core, pre-cast floor slabs and an open web street joist/metal deck roof structure.
- The exterior has masonry veneer cladding and metal standing seam cladding parapets with concrete strip footings.
- Site development included entrance lanes with parked areas accessed from Golf Course Lane, a bus drop-off area accessed from Hamburgh Road, a sports field and playground areas.