Valley Stream Manor
Location: 2 Valley Stream Drive, Ottawa, ON
Completed: September 30, 2009
Area: 210,000 sq. ft.
The Valley Stream Manor is located in the west end of Ottawa, close to the Queensway -Carleton Hospital, bounded by residential dwellings and the Greenbelt.
This privately owned Retirement Residence, designed for independent living, provides living accommodations, food, recreational activities and access to medical services for residents.
- Facilities are monitored and one floor has lock down capabilities for dementia patients.
- 93 units of one bedroom and studio suites serviced by three elevators.
- Each suite features large closet space and walk-in closets with kitchenette and individually controlled heat and cool settings.
- Main dining area with full-service commercial dining room and kitchen
- Spacious reception and lounge area.
- Amenities and features include: billard room, bistro/cafe, chapel, computer station, doctors offices and nursing station, exercise room, bar, games/card room, beauty salon, library, movie theatre and recreation room.
- Exterior finishes are an impressive blend of stone, stucco and metal.
- Underground electrical services provides power and communication capabilities to building from services on the street.
- Beautifully landscaped lot with a fountain near the front entry and walking paths on the property perimeter, adjacent to forested NCC land.